Wednesday, August 05, 2009

04.29.2001
NAPA Auto Parts 500

Napa Auto Parts 500 - 2001

I went to this race with my brother and my dad. It was the first time they'd been to a NASCAR race, and my second. The most memorable part of the race for me was doing the Dale Earnhardt tribute during the third lap. He was tragically killed in the 2001 Daytona 500 two months earlier. For the entire third lap, we all held a hand up with 3 fingers out. He drove the #3 car. I also remember getting a call from my dad with about 10 laps left in the race to come join him because some people next to him left. Brian and I ran almost the whole front-stretch to get to him before the race ended. We saw Rusty Wallace win the race. Miller Time indeed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?